from an artist/entrant
"I found the online submission process simple, precise and easy to complete." - Laurel Friedmann, CPS
Here's how the ShowSubmit system works:
- Your organization gathers prospectus-type information about your show, and provides that information to ShowSubmit, and we set up the show in the system. What you charge for entry fees to the artist is completely up to you.
- The artist reads the prospectus, prepares digital images according to the show specifications, and clicks a link to navigate to the ShowSubmit site, where she logs in to her artist account with email and pasword. For first-time users, the process to create the account is simple and only takes about 2 minutes.
- Once logged in to the account she can choose from among the shows open for entry to start an entry, or she can go to a page showing her current entries into shows whose deadlines have not passed. Until the show deadline, the artist can edit items such as title or price of an image, and can add, remove or replace images.
- Following easy instructions, artists fill out an online form and submit digital images through the ShowSubmit system instead of using a paper entry form and mailing a CD or slides to your organization. Payment of entry fees is made securely online by credit or debit card.
- Entry fees paid by the artists, less credit card transaction fees and ShowSubmit fees, are remitted to your organization after the show deadline when entries are complete.
- During and after the entry period, the organization's Show Chair(s) can use the password-protected Control Panel to:
- Monitor the entries
- Download images at any time
- Create and download entry lists of up-to-the-minute tallies for display in spreadsheet formats
- Download all images for archive, jurying or publication
- We work with the show chairs to select the appropriate type of jury panel for your purpose and provide that to the jurors. Each juror works in an individual panel, and the selection or scoring is constantly saved to the jury database automatically as he works. Following jurying, we create final entry lists for accepted and declined entries, and generate personalized emails to those groups, including your attachments. We also provide you with download access to the batch of accepted images through our DropBox account.
- When the notification is complete, ShowSubmit will provide you with a DropBox download link to all submitted images and show documents for your use for jurying, publicity, and for additional backup.